« Home | Google-icious » | Geek Squd U3 Flash Drive » | Welcome » 

November 27, 2005 


CNET News.com's Xbox 360 coverage

Xbox 360 | CNET News.com Here is the special Xbox 360 coverage section on News.com's site. I have completely moved away from PC/Mac based gaming since moving to an Xbox years ago. I got quite fed up with the continual hardware upgrades and the increasingly draconian DRM protection being put into games. Nothing like being reminded you are a suspected criminal each time you want to play your new $50 game but I digress. The Xbox 360, though an attractive platform, is something I have decided on delaying purchase until at least after Q1 '06. This decision was primarily made to watch how well the backwards compatibility would work. I have had slight regrets not jumping in early due to the fact Xbox 360s are pulling $1500 on eBay currently. Now the news on overheating systems are emerging. This will be quite interesting to monitor as the Xbox 360s have a triple-core PowerPC processor and I know how hard Apple works at keeping a single-core PPC cool in their G5 systems. As usual another interesting thread to watch.