« Home | Key Isolation Features in Mac OS X » | SGI files for Chapter 11 protection | CNET News.com » | Random Picture » | Beatles lose Apple court battle! » | Template updates » | Learn how to use Apple's Automator » | Random comment of the day » | IT Commandments: Ignore them at your own risk » | Fresh Creation - The Apple Commercials Archive » | Upcoming Black Eyed Peas Concert » 

May 12, 2006 


Half the music on iPods stolen, alleges Real boss

Real Networks CEO Rob Glaser has tacitly alleged that iPod owners are music thieves, a claim that echoes the words of Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. Note: This is such a preposterous statement. This takes that approach of, since we do buy (aka rent) music, which requires ongoing licensing fees, it must be stolen. I pride myself in the fact that my music library is legit. I buy frequently from iTunes. What changes if I had a MS/Real player? Would I feel better about myself?

I think NOT. My iPod rules. There must be a reason that iPods and iTunes are so popular... it's not because I am stealing music. It's because I am buying.

read more | digg story