« Home | CompUSA sucks » | Start of Memorial Day photo stream » | Dinner table fun » | Solutions » | Thermal Paste Claim on MacBook Pros FALSE » | Back yard today » | Apple Store » | Gas prices in Wisconsin suck » | Photo Album - An Evening in St. Paul » | Apple’s 5th Avenue Store already has a 30-foot scr... » 

May 28, 2006 


My Mac is Dead...Again

My Mac Book Pro puked again. Two days ago I picked it up from the Apple Store where they replaced the logic board. Today, same symptoms; fortunately we were planning on a trip to the Mall of America. It's going to be way too hot for an outside day today. I will push Apple to give me a new laptop, which I think is quite reasonable. I will have more photos and postings while out for the day. UPDATE: Well, with typical Apple "service with a smile," another visit to the Apple Store revealed an issue which was believed to be a failure in SMC software and the new deep sleep function on the MacBooks. That is essentially like hibernate on Windows XP though initiated when there is total power loss. You can essentially put the computer to sleep, pull the battery and there is enough power left to save RAM to disk. The guy at the Apple Store were interested enough in this issue they asked if they could have my computer for a couple of days for testing. If they couldn't figure it out they would upgrade my computer and keep this for "research". hrrm... At least I can talk to a person and I'm not stuck on the phone with one of my buddies in Ban-galore.

Technorati Tags: , ,


Well, just got my MacBook Pro, and I'm hoping I don't have any issues. What are the chances? ;)

I will, hopefully, pickup my computer today. This should resolve this issue. I will post an update about what was found and what the resolution was.

Post a Comment