« Home | Google--what you get for $400 a share | CNET News.com » | iTunes in Top 10 U.S. Music Retailers » | The first of Christmas » | The Capresso Ultima - A great cup of coffee at a g... » | CNET News.com's Xbox 360 coverage » | Google-icious » | Geek Squd U3 Flash Drive » | Welcome » 

November 28, 2005 


Picasa from Google - Pretty near iPhoto

Picasa from Google I have become a tremendous Mac fan over the past two years but for various reasons my personal laptop is a Windows based PC. Choice of browser is quite easy, I run Firefox on both my Mac and PC, music app is equally easy as I use iTunes. I have though been looking for an iPhoto comparable photo library application and think I might have finally found it. Picasa from Google appears to be fast, simple and robust. There are some neat eye-candy effects in the user interface and it seems to offer the staple of iPhoto with a couple of other innovative features. I also like the fact that it can directly feed Gmail and Blogger which makes this a great laptop/portable camera companion. If anyone is using Microsoft Picture It or Adobe Photoshop Library I would suggest checking out Picasa.